Tuesday 14 May 2013

Let's talk Events

Events Planning/ Management  business in Nigeria is huge. this is an art that has come to stay. The days people endure the stress of handling their own events as well as playing host are far gone. This market is well known and has helped many Nigerians find work. We must say that it is also one market people don't easily get recognition. Yet we admit it is growing and there are many areas that  have improved in this business. The trend of events in Nigeria now is people asking who is the Planner? From Weddings, Birthdays for the Aged and children, Burials ceremonies, Costume parties, Showers, you name it. Now there are Event Planners everywhere. Awesome!
There is one dynamic lady ready to make a mark in this business. She is young, beautiful and has got lots of guts to go with her passion. Enough said, we introduce..............(Drum Roll)


Full name 
EKAETE EBIEFIE (MISS)
CEO,  KAYTEES

Hobbies, 
Reading, cooking, listening to music, shopping, meeting& interacting with people

A little about yourself
I am the youngest of 8kids, from Mbo lga, Oron, Akwa ibom State. I attended St. Mary’s private school Lagos Air force girls’ military school Jos and then B.Sc chemistry from the University of Calabar.
I have lived most of my life in Lagos, so I speak Yoruba fluently.

What do you do to pass time?
Ironically, I am a “home buddy”. I enjoy my own company. I read and constantly seek to update myself by sourcing for information online…I spend a lot of time on my computer. So somehow, I am hardly bored.

Describe your business and its uniqueness

Kaytees (precious moments) is a full service Events Management company that seeks to create beautiful memories of every event, from start to finish. We offer consultancy services, manage and package a wide range of events from weddings, birthday parties, dinner parties, promotional events....the list is endless!! We appreciate the uniqueness of each client and each event.....whether it’s an event for a 100 or 1000....the Kaytees touch is constant!!!
We offer consultancy services, provide a variety of vendors, caterers, souvenirs and party supplies, Aso-ebi, cocktail drinks, source for venues for events and a wide range of other services.

What are your watch words if you were to sell your business to a client.
We constantly remind ourselves at Kaytees; we don't just plan events...we create beautiful memories!!!  We also believe that it is possible to have a beautiful event, without “breaking bank”. We study each client and tailor their event to reflect the uniqueness of the individual, so from the first consultation, we take our client’s dream and run with it. We are not limited by distance, as we service every part of the country.


What sparked up your interest in your present business?
I have always been a huge advocate of properly organized events, whether big or small…I love to see things flowing together in synergy. I love to see the smiles on people’s faces when their events turn out right, and I acknowledge the fact that it is a gift from God, that not everyone has, some people do it effortlessly, while for some it’s a huge struggle. Earlier on, I had been privileged to organize a variety of events in my family and for close friends: weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, birthdays, baby dedication services…. all these I did free of charge, based on the success of these events, and coupled with the fact that I used to complain a lot, each time we attended events I felt  these events “were not up to standard”, I was encouraged to go into event planning full time…..I registered a business name:  “Kaytees”…so far,so good!!

How did you start (start up money/ investor?)
Well, initially, starting a business of this nature isn’t really capital intensive, while I was in the university, I did a little buying and selling and was able to save some money, also from some paid jobs I had done earlier. I have also been blessed with a wonderful and amazing family and a few good friends. I had my mum, sisters and brother who shared in my vision from the very beginning and have been very supportive through it all.

Challenges you faced and facing
When I first got into this business, all I had was my raw talent, and no form of formal training, there were already established planners, and I was just a green horn. I had to convince people who weren’t family or close friends that I could successfully plan their events and deliver….that is really not easy. I also had to find a way to penetrate into the market. I also had to convince my friends, that there were no more freebies that I would now have to be paid for my services (some people didn’t find it funny).  I also had to understudy a couple of people, and do a lot of networking and reading.
I also had to be willing to stretch myself a whole lot, some people would want services, I originally didn’t provide, but I had to be willing in most times, to go the extra mile for my clients, and I learnt and I am still learning to deal with difficult people.

Do you train people to get into this business?
At the moment, we offer no formal training, in terms of training people, but I am always willing to encourage people, share ideas and exchange information….learning never ends.

Advice to those that will want to get on the line of your business
This is a very versatile market, so one has to constantly be on top of your game. Discover what stands you out and build on it. Be constantly willing to learn and get better. Talent is never enough!! Have a strong vision and passion for what you want to do.
  
What is your unique selling point?
Our clients are our top priority, and are always given undivided attention.  Creativity is at the heart of what we do and clients know us through our reputation for our attention to detail, our ability to run effortlessly with our clients’ vision (it’s almost like we are mind readers), our insatiable desire to exceed our clients’ expectations every time…
We are always willing to go the extra mile for our clients

 Lastly anything in the plans or works? 
Our ultimate goal, God being our help, is to build a brand that would outlive the pioneers of the business…Kaytees has a lot of plans in the pipelines…..***watch this space**


What will you describe as your 'moment' when it comes if you haven't had that yet?
 Kaytees is relatively young, but God has been truly helpful. We have been privileged to work with clients outside Lagos, which is our primary base, and for that I am truly thankful.
However, I am a big dreamer, and I believe I haven’t even started scratching the surface of the immense potential this business has…the vision is huge.

When I am invited to different locations outside the shores of this country to plan events on an international platform, to mentor people and speak about my business…
I believe then I would truly be able to say I have had my “moment”!!!

Contact Details:
KAYTEES
Web link: www.kaytees-pm.com
Facebook:www.facebook.com/kaytees.pm
Email:kaytees.pm@gmail.com
Phone numbers: 0809-680-9248, 0802-353-7712
BB PIN: 266C36FD

19 comments:

  1. Kaytees! Always on Point and Consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your moment is here already, am really impressed and encouraged. Go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work here, Kaytees. Wishing you greater blessings. See you at the top. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Kaytees keep living the dream As the chinese proverbs says a journey of a 1000 miles starts with a step Let those steps be continous! Maintain ur focus & never stop learning more bout entrepreneurship in Nigeria/your field & keep chasing those mentors out there See u at the top

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great. God take u to d zenith of ur career and fulfil ur dreams. Great talent u've got. M glad u r my fwend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaytees sure does help create precious moments, I can attest to that. Kaytees definitely rocks! Yes, we friends need to encourage business by ensuring we pay for services we request for. Keep up the good work. Aim high!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Thanks for featuring our kaytees. That is one lady with a great burst of energy. They indeed create beautiful memories!! I still have mine and refer to it very often.Good job girl!!! The sky is just your starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can easily perceive tangible passion, and that is what matter in determining if a person will break the limitations. Congrats Kaytees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sky is just your starting point. Wish you the very best Kaytees! God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mama, i believe you are going places and the sky is not your limit but your starting point. keep up the good work and hopefully, you will plan my wedding and a host of others. lest i forget, u luk amazing in that pics

    ReplyDelete
  11. With continuous determination and believe in what you are doing, ur sure to go places. Bonne chance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome. You ooze of quality. I really love this. Congrats Ekaete.

    Sola Adio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ekaete, this is just the beginning. The sky is not the limit! Congrats and keep shining.

    Abiola.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seeing young and brilliant minds with a promising venture as yourself gives me a fresh hope for this country. I could not have been more proud of you. Thanks for standing out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Kaytees, with this passion and hardwork, u'l surely become a reference point in event biz in Nigeria and beyond. Great work you are doing, keep it flying.
    Have fun doing your thing uncommonly, I must make sure I have my own Kaytees moment soon.

    Inyang Fan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm already impressed with how far you've gone with your enterprise! I'm an aspiring event planner and I am very much encouraged and inspired by your background and how you emerged! Good luck in all your endeavors!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great thoughts put into work. Truly amazing! The sky is ur spring board Kaytees. Soar high.


    Uwem

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done..hardwork obviously pays.

    ReplyDelete